Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Eating fiber can delay brain aging September 17, 2018New research shows that eating fiber releases butyrate, a fatty acid that prevents brain inflammation and improves memory in aging mice.
- Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms in women September 12, 2018Rheumatoid arthritis causes many symptoms, including joint pain and stiffness. In women, symptoms often start to appear between the ages of 30 and 50. Hormonal factors and other conditions, such as endometriosis, can increase the risk of the disease. Learn more about the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis in women here.
- Fasting-induced anti-aging molecule keeps blood vessels young September 11, 2018A ketone molecule produced by the body during calorie restriction keeps blood vessels young, staving off age-related chronic disease.
- Walking may prevent heart failure in senior women September 6, 2018This first-of-its-kind study examines the association between walking and two different subtypes of heart failure among senior women.
- Dementia: 10-year risk estimates may inform prevention September 5, 2018A new study provides 10-year estimates for dementia risk, focusing on age, sex, and genetic predisposition. This may lead to early preventive initiatives.
- Autoimmune arthritis: Types, symptoms, and treatment September 4, 2018Autoimmune arthritis is the name for a group of arthritis types where the person’s immune system attacks itself. It contains some of the most common types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. In this article, we explore the types, treatments, and diagnosis of autoimmune arthritis.
- Mediterranean diet shown to prolong seniors' lives August 31, 2018An Italian study of thousands of people aged 65 and older finds that adherence to a Mediterranean diet is linked to lower risk of premature death.
- How does rheumatoid arthritis cause anemia? August 30, 2018Many people with rheumatoid arthritis go on to develop anemia at the same time. This could be due to certain rheumatoid arthritis medications or to changes in the body that affect the production of red blood cells. Learn about the link between rheumatoid arthritis and anemia and the available treatment options here.
- How to manage morning stiffness with rheumatoid arthritis August 30, 2018A high percentage of people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) experience stiff joints in the morning. People can relieve this morning stiffness by planning ahead and developing a morning routine to help deal with their symptoms. Learn about ways to manage and prevent morning stiffness here.
- Best exercises for rheumatoid arthritis pain August 30, 2018People with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can benefit greatly from developing a daily exercise routine. Certain exercises can reduce RA pain, improve joint stiffness, and increase range of motion. In this article, we discuss the best types of exercise for RA, along with general exercise tips, and which exercises to avoid.