Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Interaction between immunity and gut bacteria influences aging November 15, 2018A disrupted immune system can upset gut bacteria in ways that can lead to cell damage and tissue changes associated with aging, study finds.
- Using community choirs to boost well-being November 15, 2018Loneliness is a significant and growing problem. A recent study investigates the effect of belonging to a community choir on well-being in older adults.
- To what extent do our genes really dictate longevity? November 8, 2018The genetic traits that we inherit may indeed influence how long we are likely to live. But are they the most important factor? A new study investigates.
- What is empyema? November 5, 2018Empyema is when too much fluid collects in the pleural space in the lungs. Learn about the symptoms, stages, and possible causes here. We also cover treatment options.
- Alzheimer's may be treated with diabetes drugs November 5, 2018New research suggests that targeting the brain's capillary cells with antidiabetes drugs may relieve Alzheimer's-related brain pathologies.
- Loneliness tied to a higher risk of dementia October 31, 2018A 10-year study of 12,000 diverse older adults finds that loneliness, independently of social isolation, is tied to a 40 percent higher risk of dementia.
- Eye scan may detect Alzheimer's disease in seconds October 30, 2018It may soon be possible to diagnose Alzheimer's in a matter of seconds using a noninvasive eye scanner that simply examines a person's retina.
- 'Anti-aging molecule' could improve liver and kidney treatments October 29, 2018Blocking an enzyme that limits the activity of the 'anti-aging molecule' NAD+ could be a way to protect the liver and kidneys from damage, study suggests.
- Are gut bacteria the key to healthy aging? October 26, 2018Research presented at the London Microbiome Meeting in the United Kingdom sheds light on this important question. Medical News Today report.
- The signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease October 26, 2018Parkinson’s disease is a neurological condition that affects a person in many different ways. Tremor is a well-known symptom but not the only one. Find out more.