Your Concerns Matter…

Sharing concerns with us.

If you or another interested party has a concern regarding the Facility’s delivery of services, patient rights and/or responsibilities, the behavior of other Residents or staff members, or any other concern, we encourage you to share your thoughts with us. You are encouraged to discuss your issue with the immediate supervisor or director of the involved department. It is our policy that concerns raised with us will be reviewed, and that we will report back to the person registering the concern within a reasonable time period. Note though, that while we will try to respond to all concerns raised with us informally, we cannot guarantee that all concerns raised in this manner will be addressed. To ensure a response, you should file a formal grievance with us. Any Resident, and/or their  representatives, family members, or advocates may file a grievance without fear of threat or reprisal in any form.

Filing of written concern form.

Concern forms are located at the reception desk, nurses stations, and on the Facility website.  A formal concern must be submitted in writing to the Administrator and signed by the Resident or the person filing the concern on behalf of the Resident. It is our policy to assist Residents/Sponsors in filing a concern. If you need assistance in reducing an oral complaint to a written concern, please see the Charge Nurse or Social Worker. If you feel that our staff has not assisted in this matter, or you feel that you are being discriminated against for taking such steps, we encourage you to report such incidents to the Administrator at once.

  1. All concerns will be investigated as soon as possible, and a response will be provided no later than 30 days after the concern was filed.  Advantage Living Center shall deliver to a complainant a written report of the results of the investigation or a written status report indicating when a report may be expected.
  2. If you are ever not satisfied with the investigation or resolution of a concern, you can either meet with or voice your concern to the Administrator, Director of Nursing, or Manager on Duty. You may also contact the Corporate Office with an unresolved concern at any time using Advantage Living Center’s Corporate Compliance Line at 877-551-0926.

Reports to Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

You or an interested party may file a complaint at any time with the State of Michigan or the State Ombudsman concerning your or their belief that abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of your property has occurred at this Facility. Regardless of whether you make such a complaint to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services or the State Ombudsman, we ask that you immediately notify us as soon as you suspect that any abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of Resident property has occurred so that we may immediately respond.  You do not have to cite a specific violation of the code or any rules when making a complaint either to the State or to Advantage Living Center.

Michigan Health Facility Complaint Form