Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Osteoarthritis: Could researchers have found the key to prevention? February 18, 2018Researchers reveal how FoxO proteins are important for joint health, and how increasing the levels of these proteins could prevent or treat osteoarthritis.
- How does exercise preserve the aging brain? February 16, 2018Higher cardiorespiratory fitness is tied to stronger white matter and better cognitive performance in a study of seniors with mild cognitive impairment.
- Blocking enzyme 'dramatically reverses' Alzheimer's in mice February 14, 2018For the first time, scientists achieve a 'dramatic reversal' of Alzheimer's-related brain damage in mice, offering hope for humans.
- Vitamin B-3 could be used to treat Alzheimer's February 9, 2018New research finds that nicotinamide riboside, which is a form of vitamin B-3, has the potential to treat Alzheimer's. Results in mice are hopeful.
- Cognitive decline: Is low blood sodium a risk factor? February 9, 2018A new study suggests that low blood sodium levels — known as hyponatremia — may increase the risk of cognitive decline in older men by more than a third.
- How fighting ageism may lower dementia risk February 8, 2018A new study examines the effect of positive and negative attitudes toward aging on the risk of developing dementia among at-risk individuals.
- How bilingualism may protect against Alzheimer's February 7, 2018A new study examines the brain structure and memory function of monolingual and multilingual people with Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment.
- Cancer risk may increase as immune system declines February 6, 2018Using a mathematical model, a group of researchers conclude that a declining immune system could explain our increased cancer risk as we age.
- Alzheimer's-related brain changes could start at 40 February 5, 2018Researchers have uncovered a mechanism by which damage to cells that protect blood vessels may lead to Alzheimer's, and such damage could begin in our 40s.
- Causes and treatments for nasolabial folds February 5, 2018Nasolabial folds are the lines on either side of the mouth that extend from the edge of the nose to the mouth's outer corners. Learn more here.