Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Alzheimer's: Word processing duration may predict onset October 20, 2017Delayed word processing may predict the onset of Alzheimer's disease, scientists find. The research may lead to new testing practices.
- Under 2 hours of walking per week may considerably prolong life October 19, 2017New research suggests that walking regularly significantly reduces mortality risk, even if the physical activity is below the recommended guidelines.
- Exercise does not prevent blocked arteries, study finds October 18, 2017A longitudinal study suggests that, contrary to expectations, spending more than 7.5 hours per week exercising does not protect against blocked arteries.
- A healthy gut means healthy aging October 16, 2017One of the largest studies of its kind finds that the guts of 'ridiculously healthy' 90-year-olds are just as healthy as those of 30-year-olds.
- Why women tend to avoid sex as they age October 15, 2017A new study looks into the main reasons why menopausal, perimenopausal, and postmenopausal women tend to become less sexually active as they age.
- How a green tea compound could prevent Alzheimer's October 13, 2017Researchers reveal how a compound in green tea called EGCG prevents the formation of toxic beta-amyloid plaques, which are a hallmark of Alzheimer's.
- Rheumatoid arthritis could be treated with a novel hydrogel October 13, 2017Researchers have developed a hydrogel that has the potential to treat rheumatoid arthritis by absorbing the excess fluid that builds up in joints.
- Targeting 'simple proteins' may extend metabolic healthspan October 10, 2017Scientists have found that deficient levels of fatty acid-binding proteins protect against diabetes, obesity, inflammation, and other age-related diseases.
- Dementia: Study helps to unravel the cause of brain cell death October 9, 2017Researchers suggest that the loss of a gene called LSD1 plays a role in the brain cell death that occurs with Alzheimer's and frontotemporal dementia.
- Women's dementia risk increased by midlife hypertension October 5, 2017Women who develop high blood pressure in their 40s may be at greater risk of dementia, a new study finds, but this association may not ring true for men.