Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Pancreatic cancer: Some blood pressure drugs put women at risk April 19, 2018A new study reveals that certain blood pressure drugs are linked with a high risk of pancreatic cancer among postmenopausal women.
- Female pattern baldness: Treatment and genetics April 18, 2018While most women lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair per day, this hair is usually quickly replaced by new growth. When bald patches or thinning occurs, however, it may be a sign of female pattern baldness. In this article, learn more about the common causes and treatment of hair loss in women.
- Sitting harms brain health, regardless of exercise April 16, 2018A small study of middle-aged and older adults reveals that more sitting time is linked to greater thinning of a brain region that is important for memory.
- Late menopause may protect women's memory April 15, 2018New research suggests that age at menopause onset impacts memory. While small, the cognitive benefit may mean a lower risk of dementia years later.
- Even minor stress can impact long-term health, study warns April 10, 2018A new study warns that holding on to small, daily frustrations and allowing negative emotions to perpetuate can truly harm our health in the long run.
- What are diastole and systole in blood pressure? April 10, 2018A person’s blood pressure is measured by the balance between diastolic and systolic pressure in the heart. The current guidelines say that a normal range is under 120/80 mm Hg. Here, we discuss the difference between diastole and systole and the risks of hypertension (high) and hypotension (low) blood pressure.
- Is meditation the answer to cognitive decline? April 8, 2018Could meditation be a useful tool in the fight against cognitive decline? This week, the first study to investigate its long-term impact is released.
- Brain cells keep growing well into our 70s April 7, 2018For many years, scientists have thought that brain cells in the hippocampus stop generating as we get older. The latest study concludes the reverse.
- Could berries help to fight cancer? April 6, 2018According to new research, there's more to the berry than its delicious taste. Its pigments may offer new ways to stop cancer and slow the aging process.
- This supplement may promote healthy arterial aging March 29, 2018A study of healthy seniors found that a daily supplement of nicotinamide riboside triggered some of the same biological pathways as caloric restriction.