Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Few researchers consider hearing loss in healthcare communication: Study April 28, 2017Doctors believe that communication with their patients is important, but most studies of physician/elderly patient communication do not mention that hearing loss may affect this interaction.
- Newly prescribed sleeping pills increase risk of hip fracture April 28, 2017Older people newly prescribed sleeping pills like benzodiazepines and 'Z-drugs' have over double the odds of a hip fracture in the first two weeks compared with non-users, according to a new study...
- Ways to get healthier looking skin by boosting collagen levels April 26, 2017In this article, we take a close look at collagen, a protein that helps skin cells renew and repair themselves. How can you improve your collagen levels?
- The protein CHIP unfurls anti-aging activity April 25, 2017Researchers at the universities of Cologne and Bonn uncover the link between protein aggregation and aging.
- Exercise boosts brain power in over 50s, concludes latest meta-analysis April 25, 2017The effect of exercise on the aging brain is still much debated. The latest review takes an in-depth look, concluding that physical activity is beneficial.
- Compound in aged cheese may prevent liver cancer, boost longevity April 24, 2017Spermidine - a compound found in aged cheese, mushrooms, and other foods - helped to prevent liver cancer and increase lifespan in mice, new study reveals.
- Can virtual reality help us prevent falls in the elderly and others? April 24, 2017Every year, falls lead to hospitalization or death for hundreds of thousands of elderly Americans.
- Protein in umbilical cord blood may restore the aging brain April 20, 2017A protein identified in human umbilical cord blood has been shown to rejuvenate and revitalize the learning and memory ability of older mice.
- Drinking beetroot juice before exercising boosts brain performance April 19, 2017Older adults who drank a beetroot juice supplement before exercising showed greater connectivity in an area of the brain that helps to control movement.
- More than a 'gut feeling' on cause of age-associated inflammation April 18, 2017Gut microbes cause age-associated inflammation and premature death in mice, McMaster University researchers have found.