Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Scientists create genetic score that predicts lifespan October 22, 2018New research uncovers 21 genetic variants that are associated with changes in lifespan and presents a genetic score that predicts a person's survival.
- Seafood rich in omega-3 may promote healthy aging October 18, 2018New research suggests that people who consume high levels of omega-3 fatty acids from seafood are more likely to stay disease-free well into old age.
- Can a vitamin combo prolong your life? October 18, 2018A new review finds that 30 known vitamins and minerals, as well as 11 other compounds, are crucial to maintaining health and prolonging the lifespan.
- What is the average age for COPD? October 16, 2018Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease normally affects people over 40, but it can also occur in younger people. People who smoke heavily or work in environments with high exposure to pollutants may develop it earlier. Life expectancy depends on how far the disease has progressed at diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Keto diet may protect against cognitive decline October 16, 2018Our diets can influence the state of our health. Research in mice now suggests that one regimen — the ketogenic diet — may even prevent cognitive decline.
- How do hearing and sight influence cognitive decline? October 12, 2018Hearing and sight loss are tied to faster cognitive decline, so does addressing these issues slow down cognitive deterioration? New studies investigate.
- Osteoarthritis: New compound may stop the disease October 10, 2018A new study deemed 'game-changing' by the researchers finds a blocking compound that can stop the cartilage from breaking down in a model of osteoarthritis.
- Why depression, trauma can make you age faster October 9, 2018New research finds that the DNA of people with major depression is biologically older than that of people who do not have the condition.
- What to know about age spots (liver spots) October 9, 2018Age spots, or liver spots, are common and harmless. They do not require treatment, but people can get rid of them with creams and cosmetic procedures. Age spots can resemble certain forms of skin cancer, and anyone concerned about an age spot should speak with a doctor.
- What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimer's? October 9, 2018Dementia is an umbrella term that describes symptoms affecting memory and cognitive function. Alzheimer’s disease is a specific, and the most common, type of dementia. The conditions overlap in terms of symptoms, but Alzheimer’s has different and specific treatments as well as unique symptoms. Learn more here.