Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Does sex help older brains to work better? June 23, 2017A study found that older adults who had sex once per week - as opposed to once per month or never - did better overall on certain tests of mental ability.
- Pemphigoid: Symptoms, types, and treatment June 21, 2017Pemphigoid is rare autoimmune condition that can affect people of any age. What are the symptoms and what are the different types of pemphigoid?
- Gut bacteria might one day help slow down aging process June 19, 2017Slowing down the aging process might be possible one day with supplements derived from gut bacteria.
- Elder abuse research yields new evidence on incidence, risks, outcomes June 19, 2017New study data from the Chinese community in Chicago is shedding light on the impact of elder abuse in America.
- Essential oils and menopause: Can they help? June 14, 2017What are the common menopause and perimenopause symptoms and can essential oils help? What essential oils may be used and what are the considerations?
- Excess weight may reduce early death risk for older adults with diabetes June 12, 2017Being overweight may not always be a bad thing. New research finds that excess weight could protect against early death for older adults with diabetes.
- Dogs: Personal trainers for older owners? June 10, 2017Older dog owners walk more than non-dog owners, according to a new study, adding further evidence that owning a dog is good for our health.
- Stem cells may be the key to staying strong in old age June 8, 2017University of Rochester Medical Center researchers have discovered that loss of muscle stem cells is the main driving force behind muscle decline in old age in mice.
- Moderate alcohol consumption linked to brain decline June 7, 2017A study of 550 people over 30 years finds that even moderate alcohol consumption is tied to raised risk of hippocampus degeneration and mental decline.
- Chronic pain linked to increased risk of dementia in study of older adults June 7, 2017Researchers at UC San Francisco have found that older people with persistent pain show quicker declines in memory as they age and are more likely to have dementia years later, an indication that...