Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- What are the signs of early-onset Alzheimer's? June 23, 2018Early-onset Alzheimer’s disease is a form of dementia that begins before the age of 65. Recognizing the initial symptoms can help a person seek treatment earlier and slow the progression of the disease. In this article, learn about ten signs of early-onset Alzheimer’s. We also cover how to help a loved one cope.
- Parkinson's drugs may lead to compulsive behavior June 21, 2018A new study finds that, with time, half of those who take dopamine agonists develop compulsive shopping, eating, gambling, or sexual behaviors.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: How chronic inflammation affects the brain June 20, 2018A new study shows how rheumatoid arthritis inflammation affects different brain areas. The findings may explain the cognitive symptoms of the condition.
- Religious belief may extend life by 4 years June 18, 2018A new study of over 1,500 obituaries finds that religious affiliation is linked with a 4-year longevity boost. Social conformity may play a role.
- A supple aorta might slow brain aging June 14, 2018Researchers investigate the role of arterial stiffness in memory decline in older adults. A flexible aorta may be key to maintaining cognitive ability.
- The faster you walk, the longer you may live June 4, 2018A habit of walking supports health on numerous levels, but does walking pace influence these benefits? A new study suggests that it may.
- Research confirms that social interaction protects memory June 1, 2018Memory naturally declines with age, but a new study shows that there may be an easy way to protect it — namely, by staying socially active.
- How much should seniors exercise to improve brain function? May 31, 2018A new review analyzed several randomized controlled studies to figure out what is the ideal number of hours needed to improve thinking skills in seniors.
- Aging may be reversed by smoothing out the wrinkles in our...cells May 30, 2018Turns out, it isn't just our skin that gets wrinkled with age, but also our cells. 'Smoothing out' these wrinkles may lead to a long, disease-free life.
- Link between depression and cognitive decline explored May 29, 2018Following an analysis of existing studies, researchers conclude that there is a link between depression and age-related cognitive decline.