Harrington Inn “Art for Heart” Paintings Raise Money for American Heart Association
The Times News Herald - April 19, 2016: Karen O'Donell was swirling paint together Tuesday afternoon to get the right shade of green to paint a background to complement a bright red heart..... The Harrington Inn hosted an "Art for Heart" day with the American Heart Association, and Painting with a Twist, in order to bring awareness to the cause of heart disease and to raise funds for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article.
Advantage Featured on FOX2 News Morning “The Nine”
Friday, April 15, 2016: Advantage Living Centers on FOX2 News Morning The Nine: Advantage's CEO Kelsey Hastings joined FOX2 Detroit News Anchors Taryn Asher, Amy Andrews and Jason Carr to paint for a cause. Art For Heart is Advantage's signature American Heart Association (AHA) event and fundraiser. The events are held at Advantage's rehabilitation centers and Assisted Living Centers throughout Michigan. The residents' paintings along with the Fox2 News anchors paintings will be auctioned at the AHA Ball in June.
Art For Heart Provides Therapy for Redford Seniors
Home Town Life: Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Watching Carmela Russo work, you would’ve never guessed she was a first-time painter. Not with her patient and careful brush strokes, keen eye to detail and determined, business-like approach. The 96-year-old was one of more than a dozen seniors putting paint to canvass at Wednesday’s “Art for Heart” in Redford. Held at the Advantage Living Center adjacent to the township library, the event was designed as a form of therapy for residents and an opportunity to benefit for the American Heart Association. Read Full Article
AMG Acquires 3 New Communities
Advantage Management Group Announces New Acquisitions in Harper Woods, Roseville, and Port Huron.
Acquisition Brings Total AMG Post Acute Care Sites to 8
Southfield, MI, January 12, 2015: Advantage Management Group (AMG) (www.amgltc.com) announced the purchase of Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Roseville and Henry Ford Continuing Care Center-Belmont from Henry Ford Health System for $12.8M on January 1, 2015. The locations in Roseville and Harper Woods will be re-named Advantage Living Center-Roseville and Advantage Living Center-Harper Woods respectively and will provide rehabilitation and skilled nursing care with specialties focused on orthopedic, cardiology, and dementia services. In addition to these rehabilitation centers, AMG announced the acquisition of Harrington Inn, an Assisted Living Center in October 2014. To read more, click AMG PR 1-12-15 New Acquisition.
Revised Privacy Notice
Effective September 1, 2013, the Manors communities have issued revised privacy notices for resident privacy. To download a copy of the revised notice, please click: Manors Revised Privacy Notice . (Adobe Reader is required). If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the administrator at your center or contact our Corporate Compliance Officer at 1-888-877-7055.
- Cellular aging halted by hydrogen sulfide gas August 7, 2018New compounds that deliver gas to mitochondria appear to slow cellular aging. By tinkering with DNA machinery, the drugs boost cellular energy production.
- Agitation in dementia: Are drugs the best treatment? August 5, 2018Two common symptoms in people with dementia are agitation and psychosis. Now, a panel of experts explains how best to manage them, and which drugs do work.
- Dementia: Both too much and too little alcohol may raise risk August 2, 2018A large study with a follow-up period of 23 years concludes that both long periods of abstinence and long periods of heavy drinking raise dementia risk.
- Only 2 weeks of inactivity can hasten diabetes onset in seniors July 31, 2018New research shows that interrupting physical activity for 2 weeks is enough to raise blood sugar levels and speed up the onset of diabetes among seniors.
- Parkinson's gene affects more people than previously thought July 28, 2018The newly discovered role of the LRRK2 gene may explain all cases of Parkinson’s disease, not just the hereditary ones, as previously believed.
- Why smells bring back such vivid memories July 26, 2018New research shows how the brain integrates smells with spatiotemporal information to create memories. The findings also shed new light on Alzheimer's.
- Wrinkles and hair loss reversed in mice July 24, 2018Can signs of aging, such as skin wrinkles and hair loss, be successfully reversed? A new study on mice suggests that this may be an option in the future.
- How do you know if you have pernicious anemia? July 17, 2018Pernicious anemia is a condition where there is a lack of red blood cells. A vitamin B-12 deficiency causes it when the body is unable to absorb this nutrient effectively. Tiredness, shortness of breath, slow reflexes, and pale skin are among the symptoms. Find out here how doctors treat this immune system problem.
- What is hypochlorhydria? July 17, 2018People with hypochlorhydria are unable to produce enough stomach acid. This can lead to problems with digestion and nutritional deficiencies. Stress, advancing age, zinc deficiency, or certain medications may be responsible, but prompt treatment can ease symptoms and prevent serious complications. Learn more here.
- Alzheimer's risk 10 times lower with herpes medication July 15, 2018New research offers 'the first population evidence for a causal link' between herpes infection and the development of Alzheimer's disease.