About Advantage Living Centers
Who We Are
Advantage Living Centers (AMG) is a premier management and consulting firm for long-term care facilities and assisted living centers throughout the United States. Specializing in administrative and financial operations, ALC has developed expertise in:
- Restructuring and stabilizing staffing,
- Stabilizing facility operations and finances, including those facilities in receivership,
- Increasing and improving census and case mix,
- Implementing innovative support systems to improve clinical and financial outcomes.
- Through strategic and tactical evaluations, our practical expertise has caused us to turn around troubled facilities by improving clinical outcomes and moving census from the mid-70s to over 90%.
Established in 1992 as Advantage Health Systems, ALC’s executive management team has over 100 years of combined experience in long term health care. Our relationship with local, state and federal regulators has resulted in our reputation for excellence in stabilization, regulatory compliance, and long term management improvement. ALC is regarded by the long term care industry as the place to go for help in turning around troubled facilities in Michigan.
ALC began managing Northwest Continuing Care Center (now Advantage Living Center- Northwest), a facility on the CMS watch list in 2007. After careful management and operational improvements, Advantage Living Center- Northwest graduated from the watch list in less than 12 months. Advantage Living Center- Northwest is now a successful facility serving northwest Detroit with excellent clinical outcomes.
ALC is also committed to the Southeastern Michigan market. In 2007, ALC opened the first new skilled nursing center in the City of Detroit in more than 20 years bringing 150 new jobs into the east side. Samaritan Manor is based on the Person Centered Care and Neighborhood philosophies. Each wing is a different neighborhood with an appropriate historical east side Detroit neighborhood name and theme. Boasting 40 private rooms, Samaritan Manor focuses on short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and dementia friendly care. In less than two years, Samaritan Manor had become the facility of choice for seniors in Detroit, achieving a daily census of 90% or more.
ALC owns and manages assisted living and rehabilitation & skilled nursing centers in Michigan:
Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing:
- Advantage Living Center – Harper Woods (151 Beds)
- Advantage Living Center – Redford (88 beds)
- Advantage Living Center – Roseville (169 beds)
- Advantage Living Center – Wayne (179 beds)
- Battle Creek Manor (82 beds)
- Northwest Manor (154 beds)
- Samaritan Manor (120 beds)
- Southgate Manor (100 beds)
- In 2005, launched an innovative dementia/Alzheimer’s program for residents.
- In 2007, opened the first new skilled nursing facility in Detroit in more than 20 years: Samaritan Manor (link to Samaritan Manor).
- In 2007, recognized by Crain’s Detroit as one of the top 20 largest Skilled Nursing Owners in the 4 county metro Detroit area.
- In 2009, recognized by Crain’s Detroit as one of the top 200 businesses in the 4 county metro Detroit area.
- In 2010, in conjunction with the facility owners, opened Bradford Medical Resort, the first Medical Resort in the area. Medical resorts are a new concept in short-term rehabilitation inpatient care.
- In 2011, launched a new Cardiopulmonary program in a skilled nursing and rehabilitation program; the first of its kind in the region.
- In 2011, ALC's Wayne Health & Rehab became certified through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities - CARF.
Contact Advantage Living Centers
Advantage Management Group
25800 Northwestern Highway Suite 720 Southfield, MI 48075